Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Android

This is my Android. How does your's look like?


Time has passed by and I haven’t been able to explore the app world as much as I would have liked to. But I did search for my needs and found some pretty apps. I have even turned on to some purchases in the Android Market from just being a “Free Apps” user. 

My favorites (a.k.a actively used):

• The Swype keyboard for no typing & just swiping
• GPS Essentials to track my runs
• App Organizer for a clean home screen & easy app maintenance
• TweetCaster for the Tweets
• Instapaper for some convenient reads of so those millions of links that we come by
• NDrive for voice based turn by turn directions
• Google Maps for navigation in the deepest of gullies
• Places for some quick searches in foreign land
• ScreenIt for some quick Android screen grabs, sharing & for further discussions
• Dropbox for the file syncs
• Goggles for the unknowns & explorations

My son's favorites:

• Google Sky Map to gaze at the stars and to look for them in the sky
• NDrive for co-navigation and keen observation of actual velocity matching the one on screen
• Kids ABC Phonics for the learning time
• Angry birds for some happy times
• Gallery to watch personal history a zillion times
• YooNinja for some blood time (unfortunate but being negotiated for uninstall by swapping with a better game)

What's your best list? Share your list, so that I can also leverage. :)

2 comments:

Vijay said...

Kamal, Nice to know your fav apps.

I am an iPhone user.. still there are lots of apps I can suggest to explore for Android.

1. Teamviewer
2. QR Reader / Bar Code Scanner

Kamal Aanand (Kamz) said...

Have used QR readers and scanners. But don't get to use them often. What are the "others" that you are referring to?