Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Vellayappan a.k.a White Father

After schooling days, many of my school mates including me have been in touch via a mailing group. The group happened to be a place where people shared updates, marriage invitations, news about promotions in personal and professional life, shared lighter moments and the likes. But yesterday we received a shocker from Darshan.

We were informed about the sudden demise of one of our loving friends - Vellayappan Chidambaram. He was also knows as White Father - a literal translation of his Tamil name in English. I know him as an intelligent, ever smiling and a lovable friend. After his graduation in the US he was working with Dell at Austin.

When I read the mail at my work place, I could instantly feel my heart starting to beat with a thud. Soon, there were tears. I had to wipe it away pretty quickly and get along with the team discussion that proceeded. My mind wasn’t there though. On my way back from office, my memory took me back to all the good times that I had shared with Vellay.

It has been really tough to get over this tragic news. No body would have thought that someone could pass away while enjoying walks on water which is not very deep. Vellay, I just wish you not being there that day.

Vellay, we would definitely miss you. You would always be remembered for all the nice qualities that you had. May your soul rest in peace; may your family have all the strength and courage to overcome this trauma. Our prayers would be with you and your family.

These are the links that were passed on to us: Link 1 Link 2 Link 3

5 comments:

Kavi said...

I was shocked to see this news. I hope all of you & your friends circle are able to overcome this loss..

Kamal Aanand (Kamz) said...

The final rites were performed on Sunday (19 Aug 2007) at his home at Madurai.

Unknown said...

hi
this's sethu. vellayappan's younger brother. i was browsing thro the net to see what links to anna's name. found ur blog. it's soothin to know tat there are so many of his friends who're still rememberin him and prayin for him. thanks for all ur words and wishes. Myself and my sister Valli (younger to vellay) were plannin to start a blog in anna's memory. i'll contact u in sometime reg tat. it'd be great if u can write ur thots and memory abt anna in tat blog.
my email id is csethu@gmail.com


yours
sethu chidambaram

Kamal Aanand (Kamz) said...

Sure pal, I can help you on that. I am sure there will be lots of our friends who would pitch in.

I hope your near and dear ones are recuperating from the tragedy. - Kamal.

Shiva said...

Looks like it's not a loss for your circle alone, but to the country.. May his soul rest in peace